(savebybooking.com ....it....savebybooking.com ....it....) and
from 25 May 2018 for all other users.
In case of unanswered questions regarding privacy concerns or about private information usage which has not been given a satisfactory answer, contact by email email@example.com
Save By Booking SRL is committed to protecting your privacy.
collection, use, transmission, preservation and protection
of personal information.
Personal information collected by Save By
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about a natural person, identified or identifiable. An identifiable natural person is an individual who can be identified, either directly or indirectly, by reference to identifiers such as name, ID number, location data, online ID or one or more specific factors of physical identity, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social status of that person.
All the data that are anonymized or in an aggregate form (no longer allowing the identification of a specific physical person, not even in combination with other information or in other ways) are not considered personal.
Save By Booking SRL uses your personal information when you acces our Services.
How we use your personal information
The information we acquire is used to: provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience on the sites, contact you about your account and our Services, provide customer service, as well as for personalized advertising and marketing purposes and to detect, prevent, mitigate and ascertaining fraudulent or illegal activities.
Your choices about how we use your personal information
You can choose in which ways Save By Booking SRL processes your personal information for communications, to send personalized marketing messages and advertising, as well as whether to stay connected to your account.
Ways you can access, control and modify your personal information
By accessing your account you can view, check and change most of your personal information.
Update your personal information immediately in case of changes or errors.
Remember that once you have published content, you may not be able to edit or remove it.
In accordance to current legislation, we will respect all your rights to access, modify or delete your personal records. To request access and verify the possible charge of rates, if permitted by current legislation, contact us by following the instructions available in the Contact section below.
In some cases provided for in current legislation, despite your right to request access, modification or erasure of your personal information, we may deny such access or refuse the modification or erasure of personal records in accordance with law.
Upon your request, we will close the account as soon as possible and we will remove your personal information, depending on the activities of your account and in accordance with applicable legislation.
How we could share your personal information
Save By Booking SRL can share your personal information with third party companies that provide services or collaborate with Save By Booking SRL. Disclosure may be necessary for the purpose of guaranteeing access to our Services, ensuring compliance with legal obligations, applying the User Agreement, facilitating advertising and marketing activities or preventing, detecting, mitigating and detecting fraudulent or illegal activities in relation to our Services. We try to limit the amount of personal information shared to the minimum necessary for the fulfillment of specific purposes. We do not sell or let access for remuneration or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing and advertising purposes.
How long we keep your personal information
We store your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as compliance with applicable law and dispute resolution.
Cookies and similar technologies
How we protect your personal information
We protect your personal information using all security, technical and administative measures to minimize the risk of loss, incorrect use, unauthorized access, disclosure and tampering of data.
The security systems used include firewalls, controls on virtual access to Amazon Web Services data centers, and controls to allow access to personal information.
Other relevant information about privacy
This section describes some important additional information about privacy related to the use of our Services.
Personal information collected by Save By
Save By Booking SRL collects personal information provided directly by you and/or acquired automatically through devices (including mobile devices) when: you use our Services, you register an account on Save By Booking SRL, you provide data to Save By Booking SRL in a web form, you update or add information to your account, you participate in a community discussion chat or you contact Save By Booking SRL in another way.
Some of this personal information, for example the method we use to identify you, is necessary in order to accept the Terms of Sale and Purchase.
The provision of all other personal information that are necessary to complete a transaction is optional but may be necessary to use our Services, such as data to create NEEDS, to buy or sell.
We may also collect personal records from other sources as described below.
Personal information you provide when you use our Services or register for an account on Save By Booking SR
- Identification data such as name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses, provided when registering for an account on Save By Booking SRL.
- Data related to offers, purchases or sales, provided during a transaction or other content based on the transactions generated or connected to your account following a transaction in which you participated.
- Other content generated by you or connected to your account (for example, booking of products or products you view, creation of NEEDS and the products you follow).
- Financial data (for example, bank account) in relation to a transaction.
- Data relating to shipments, invoices and other, used to purchase or ship a product, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs or our partner, information required for customs formalities (for example, tax identification or other identification numbers) and shipping information (for example, shipment codes and related updates).
- In some cases, when you use our Services, you may indicate age, gender, interests and preferences.
- You may also provide other data via web forms, updating or adding information in your account, by participating in community discussions, chatting, resolving disputes or when communicating with Save By Booking SRL in any other way regarding our Services.
- Other data that Save By Booking SRL must or is authorized to collect and process, in accordance with current legislation, in order to authenticate or identify the user or verify the information collected.
Personal information acquired automatically when you use our Services or register a Save By Booking SRL account
- We acquire data when you interact with our Services, your settings for advertising and your communications with Save By Booking SRL. This data is what we receive from devices (including mobile devices) that you use when you access our Services. These can include the following:
- Data about your computer and connection, for example, statistics on page views, inbound and outbound site traffic, source URLs, ad data, IP address, browser history, and web log data.
Personal information that we collect through cookies and similar technologies
- For more information about the use of these technologies and how to manage your preferences, see Cookies and similar technologies.
Personal information we collect from other sources
- We integrate the personal information we collect directly, with other data and information collected from third parties that we add to your account information. We collect and use, for example, demographic data and other data and information in the public domain, additional contact information, credit verification data and information relating to the solvency provided by the offices in charge, in accordance with current national legislation
- Social Media. We give you the opportunity to share data with social media websites, or to use those sites to create an account or to link your account to corresponding account on social media websites. These social media may authorize Save By Booking SRL to automatically access certain data in their possession (for example your name, surname, email and social id).
By granting us access to sites with video content, you authorize us to share your video viewing activity with third-party social media or to obtain your latest video watchlist for at least two years or until you decide to withdraw your consent or delete the link on the social media site. You can control the personal information you allow us to access through the privacy settings available on the social media in question, as well as the permissions provided when you allow access to your personal information stored by these social media.
We can also use plug-ins or other technologies from different social media websites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug-in, you decide, in your sole discretion, to connect with that specific social media site.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information that we collect from you for many different purposes, related to the performance of our Services. The treatment is strictly in line with the requirements of current regulations. Below, we indicate how and on which legal basis we use your personal information.
We use your personal information to fulfill the contractual obligations towards you and provide you with our Services, to comply with current legislation, to protect your vital interests or other needs of public interest. Here are some examples:
- For payment processing and account management; to operate, measure and improve our Services, to maintain such Services safe, secure and operational and to customize the content of the site, including the products and services you may be interested.
- To contact you about your account, solve problems in your account, resolve a dispute, recover fees, other amounts due or otherwise necessary to provide our Services.
- When we contact you for the purposes described above, we may communicate with you via email, telephone, SMS, messaging systems, postal communications and push notifications on mobile devices.
- To ensure the efficiency of any telephone contacts, we can use automatic calls and SMS allowed by current legislation.
To provide you with other services requested by you, according to the instructions provided when we collect the data.
- We can use location data to provide you with services based on your location (e.g. search results and other personalized content).
- To prevent, detect, mitigate and detect fraud, security breaches and potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests, so that they do not prevail over your fundamental rights and freedoms. We have implemented controls for a fair balance between our interests and your rights. This includes the following:
- Improve our Services, for example, by examining data on blocked or broken pages visited by users, so that we can identify and resolve problems and provide you with a better experience.
- Customize, measure and improve offers, based on custom preferences.
- Contact you by email or by postal service to send you offer coupons and special promotions, to know your opinions through surveys or forms and to inform you about our services, as permitted by current legislation.
- Contact you for matters of public interest or for other events, in relation to your ability to use our Services.
- Contact you for targeted marketing campaigns, service updates and promotional offers based on your notification preferences.
- Measure the performance of our marketing email campaigns (e.g. by analyzing the percentages of openings and clicks).
- Measure seller's performance (e.g. using the shipment code that sellers and freight forwarders send or provide to Save By Booking SRL).
- Monitor and improve information security on our websites and mobile applications.
With your consent, we may use your personal information for:
- Marketing activities via phone calls, email or SMS.
- Perform marketing activities with third parties.
- Customize third party advertisements that you may see on third-party websites.
- Use your geolocation to provide location-based services, only if the appropriate function is activated via your browser.
- Use your sensitive data to facilitate transactions in some categories.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by communicating your will by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We could use automated technology for decision making or profiling.
We will not make automated decisions about you that may have significant consequences for you, except in circumstances where such a decision is necessary depending on a contract with you, when we are in possession of your consent or if the current legislation requires us to use such technology.
Your choices about how we use your personal information
You can check your email notification preferences under Product Updates tab in PROFILE section. You can also check your communications settings between users and choose the communications and promotions you want to receive.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can unsubscribe via the link in the email you received, change your notification preferences under Product Updates tab in PROFILE section, indicate your notification preferences using the method described in direct communications with Save By Booking SRL and contact us as indicated in the Contact us section below.
Please note that we do not sell or let you consult for compensation or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Staying Signed in
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we give you the option to stay signed in to your account for certain amount of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
- Create offers, book, buy and create suggestions for desired products (NEEDS)
- Perform payments or add items to NEEDS
- Purchase an item with PayPal using Faster Checkout (without registration)
- View the activity header
- View "My Activities" page on Save By Booking
- View or edit the Watch List or order details
- View the profile page
- Conduct after-sale activities, like leaving Feedback about purchased products, canceling orders, requesting returns or submitting claims
If you attempt to change your password, update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you may be required to enter your password.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services to protect your account and your personal information.
Access, correction, and deletion of your personal information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your account. Please, update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate. Keep in mind, once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it.
We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws.
If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal information or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this privacy notice and our User Agreement.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
As required by Article 15 of European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) , you can access your Personal Information, if incomplete or erroneous, you can request correction and update, you can request erasure if the collection was made in violation of a law or regulation, as well as oppose to the processing for legitimate and specific reasons.
In particular, below is a list of all the rights that can be exercised, at any time, vis-à-vis the data controller and/or the joint data controllers:
Right to access: the right, pursuant to article 15 of the Regulation, to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal information concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the data controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
Right to rectification: right to obtain, pursuant to Article 16 of the Regulation, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, it is possible to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure: right to obtain, pursuant to Article 17 of the Regulation, the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21 subsection 1 and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21 subsection 2
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject. In some cases, as provided for in Article 17subsection 3 of the Regulation, the controller is entitled not to delete your personal data if their processing is necessary, for example, to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, for purposes of filing in the public interest, scientific or historical research or for statistical purposes, for ascertaining, exercising or defending a right in court.
Right to restriction of processing: you will have the right to obtain the restriction of processing, pursuant to Article 18 of the Regulation, where one of the following applies:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal information is contested, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- the data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 subsection 1 of the GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject. In case of restriction of processing, personal data will be processed, except for storage, only with the consent of or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.
Right to data portability: Pursuant to Article 20 subsection 1 of the Regulation you shall have the right to receive your personal information, which you have provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided. In this case, it will be the your responsibility to provide us with all the exact details of the new data controller to whom you intend to transfer your personal information by providing written authorization.
Right to object: Pursuant to Article 21 subsection 2 of the Regulation and as also reiterated in Recital 70, you may object at any time to the processing of your personal data if they are processed for purposes of direct marketing, including profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: without prejudice to the right to appeal to any other administrative or judicial body, if the processing of personal data carried out by the data controller and/or joint controllers is deemed to be in violation of the Regulation and/or applicable law, a complaint may be lodged with the relevant Data Protection Authority.
To exercise all rights as identified above, simply contact the data controller and/or joint controllers in the following ways:
- writing to Save By Booking s.r.l., 60, CORSO BUENOS AIRES -
MILANO (MI), Italy cap 20124;
- by sending an email to email@example.com to the attention of "Ufficio Privacy di Save By Booking"
- by calling the telephone number +39 0256567231
How we might share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
- Save By Booking SRL partner, who may use it to:
- Provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support)
- Help detect, investigate, mitigate and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement and data security breaches
- Improve their products, sites, applications, services, tools and marketing communications.
- Service Providers and financial institutions partners as follows:
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customised advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and other business operations.
- Third party whom we partner since they offer you products.
- Third party financial institutions with whom we partner to offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as, registration, transactions and customer support). These third party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Third party postage providers (e.g., FERMOPOINT, SDA, etc.) with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of items purchased and other delivery related communications.
- Third party providers of websites, applications, services and tools that we cooperate with so that they can publish or advertise your listings and their content on their websites or in their applications, services and tools. If we transfer personal information along with the content of your listings to third party providers, this will be solely on the basis of an agreement limiting use by the third party provider of such personal information to processing necessary to fulfil their contract with us and obligating the third party provider to take security measures with regard to such data. Third party providers are not permitted to sell, lease or in any other way transfer the personal information included in your listings to third parties.
- Law enforcement, legal proceedings and as authorised by law:
- To comply with our legal requirements, enforce our User Agreement, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorised third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, buying and listing history.
- To credit agencies or bureaus as authorised by applicable national laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file).
- To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- Other people as authorised by you or your use of our Services:
- When transacting with another user, the other user may request that we provide him/her with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, account ID, contact details, postage and billing address, or other information from you needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction.
- If a transaction fails, is put on hold, or is later invalidated, we may also provide the other user with details of the unsuccessful transaction.
- The other user receiving your information should only use it for purposes related to the transaction. Unless you have consented to receive marketing from them, they should not contact you for marketing purposes.
- Contacting users with unwanted or threatening messages is a violation of our User Agreement.
- We may disclose your personal information to PayPal Inc. and its corporate family:
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, and to assess and manage risk, including to alert you if fraudulent activities have been detected on your Save By Booking SRL or PayPal accounts
- To provide customer services, including to help service your account or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional disputes)
- To facilitate the processing of payment cards when you pay within our Services with a payment card and we use PayPal to process your payment
- To facilitate delivery and related services for purchases you made using PayPal
Change of ownership
How long we keep your personal information
Our specific retention times for personal information are documented in our regional records retention schedules. How long we retain personal information can vary significantly based on context of the Services we provide and on our legal obligations.
The following factors typically influence retention periods:
- How long is the personal information needed to provide our Services?
This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most of our data retention periods.
- Is the personal information sensitive?
If this is the case, a shortened retention time is generally appropriate.
- Have you provided consent for a longer retention period?
If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your personal information?
Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or personal information retained for the purposes of litigation.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
Other important privacy information
What happens when you share your personal information on our sites or applications?
Other users have access to the information you share on Save
By Booking SRL.
For example, other users can see your offers, purchases, items for sale, your collections, the sellers and collections you follow, shopfronts, feedback, ratings, product reviews and associated comments. Other users can also see any information you chose to share in your profile or your collections.
When you use our Services, your public user ID may be displayed and available to the public and associated with all of your public activity on Save by Booking. Notices sent to other users about suspicious activity and notice violations on our sites may refer to your public user ID and specific items.
To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, postage and financial information as necessary to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. However, when users are involved in a transaction, they have access to each other's name, user ID, email address and other contact and postage information.
Your responsibilities over transactional information you receive through Save By Booking SRL
When you transact with another user, we enable you to obtain or we may provide you with the personal information of the other user (such as their name, account ID, contact details, delivery and billing addresses) to complete the transaction. Independent from us, you are the controller of such data and we encourage you to inform the other user about your privacy practices and respect their privacy. In all cases, you must comply with the applicable privacy laws, and must give the other user a chance to remove them from your database and them a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You may use the personal information that you have access to only for Save By Booking SRL transaction-related purposes, or for other services offered through Save By Booking SRL (such as postage, fraud complaints and member-to-member communications), and for purposes expressly consented by the user to whom the information relates. Using personal information of other users that you have access to for any other purpose constitutes a violation of our User Agreement.
Unwanted or threatening email
We do not tolerate abuse of our Services. You do not have permission to add other users to your mailing list (email or postal), call, or send him/her text messages for commercial purposes, even if this user purchased something from you, unless the user has given his/her explicit consent. Sending unwanted or threatening email and text messages is against our User Agreement. To report Save By Booking SRL-related spam or spoof emails please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our websites are general audience websites and not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users deemed to be children under their respective national laws.
Third Party Privacy Practices
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your personal information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your personal information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are users, buyers or sellers on our site.